Kids can learn lots of stuff at once. But every time you try to communicate something to a grown-up, you're pushing it into an overstuffed head that's hearing voices:
• How did I not know this before now?
• How important in the grand scheme of things is this information?
• Can I use this idea to bolster one of my favorite rants?
• I wonder if my ridiculously naïve brother is seeing this.
• How is my wine gone already?
• Who can I tell about this, and sound smart?
• Hey, is there some way I could make some money off this information?
How in the world do you get through to a person like that? I explain, in my latest post at McMurry.com.