1. Acquantance with death, and death's singular insight that what we are is everything, and what we might have been does not exist.
2. Increasingly regular appreciation of everyone who doesthinkssays what you know you can'twon'tdon't.
3. Seat belts and suntan lotion.
4. Calm knowledge that after you stop stepping on her feet you will find the rhythm, and she will forgive you.
5. Humility! Gratitude! A proper sense of urgency, and the energy left to carry it out!
6. A marked loss of fascination with insanity—yours and others', and the combination of both.